Saturday, June 16, 2012

WELCOME!

Hello World!

I am Cassie, and I am a teacher.

This coming school year {2012-2013} will be my third full year of teaching, and I am super excited!

I graduated from college in 2009 with my bachelor's in Elementary Education.

I started my teaching career in a Montessori school and worked there for about 6 months.

Then, I found an interim teaching position at one of my alma maters, which has since blossomed into a full-time position.

I started as an interim teacher in second grade, which I enjoyed more than I had anticipated.

Then, the following school year, I was moved down to Kindergarten, my passion {or so I thought at the time}! It was a wonderful year where I began to find myself as a teacher.

Right before that school year ended, my principal approached me and asked if I wanted to teach PreK as we had just started a program and were growing by leaps and bounds. Obviously, I said YES! I had had a great experience with that age group while working at the Montessori school.

Last year, I taught PreK for the first time in my entire life, and I think I did a fairly good job. I had my moments where I wondered what I was doing because nothing was going right, but I pushed through.

Which brings us to this year! I'll be teaching PreK again. Thankfully, I will not be moving to another grade level so I can really start to hammer out this curriculum I was handed last year a few weeks before school started.

Welcome to Panda-monium in PreK! This year, we're venturing off into the sea. Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment