Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Teacher Contact Info

I have been super busy trying to get all my paperwork ready for next school year by the end of June! I know that I'm going to want to enjoy July as much as possible before it's time to set my classroom up.

Each year, I make a magnet that has my contact information on it for my parents to take home on orientation night, which is the day before school starts where I teach. When I taught Kindergarten two years ago {my first official classroom}, I bought name tags from the Parent Teacher store and printed labels in the same color to match and glued them on. Then, I laminated them and stuck a magnet on the back. When I taught PreK last year, I changed up my information {since I was married now!!!} and pasted it onto a piece of panda shaped notebook paper. Again, I laminated them and stuck a magnet on the back.

Well, this year, I've already made the brochure {featured previously} that has my contact info on it, but I want something the parents can stick on the fridge too! This led me to business cards! I was given a stack of cards when I first began teaching at my school...but they're no longer relevant since I am teaching a different grade and have a different last name too. Plus, the ones I have are super plain Jane, which may work for some people but I'm not one of them!

Sooooooo, I sat down to my computer yesterday and knocked out a cute little design in no time flat. Obviously, it matches my theme for the year too. The husband thinks I need to have a panda on it since my theme is "Panda-monium @ Sea," but pandas don't swim in the sea! Silly man. One day, he'll understand my logic...I hope. ;)

Anywho, here's a peek at what I've created in my spare summer time!


{graphics are from lettering delights and font is from kevin and amanda}

After I created my cards, I went looking to see if there were templates that I could buy at the store to print on. Less cutting is always good in my book! Well, I found some that Avery makes that are already magnetic. Score!!! I will definitely be trying those out this summer, and I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment